Dear Readers, it has been far too long since we have had a 5 Things Friday! My apologies! I know I always say this, but I feel like January was kind of a crazy month… Like one long attempt at recovering from Christmas and reasserting rhythms and balances. Suffice to say I am excited about February! There are some pretty big exciting things happening around here (which I’ll tell you all about soon…) and I think February is going to be a good one.
1) Watching my nephew learn to walk. He’s almost 11 months old and I love watching the wheels turn in his mind as he figures out what he’s doing. Also, he is super adorable, so that helps.
2) Finding handmade toys in a thrift store. There are a few toys in our house that seem a bit big or unnecessary, but I couldn’t say no! They are clearly handmade and I love them.
3) Trying a new recipe for family dinner tonight. I even had to buy a new pot! It involves roasting pork for a couple hours and ends with lots of Parmesan cheese on top. I’m hopeful.
4) Using my record player when I’m cooking dinner (Peter, Paul, and Mary) or cleaning the house (Creedence Clearwater Revival or Three Dog Night).
5) Finishing projects and feeling accomplished, starting projects and feeling excited.
Tag, you’re it!