(For those of you who are new around here, don’t know me in real life, or have completely forgotten what 5 Things is over my epic hiatus, this will help you out).
Happy Friday everyone! In our new rural life (I’m still working on a title for this phase of life… rural adventures? Virginia living? full-time employed for some of us whilst attempting to be unemployed for others? Like I said: working on it) Friday nights have become family dinner at our house nights. I love having people in our house, I love having a house to have people into, and I like being intentional about getting our family together once a week. (To clarify, at present this family includes my parents-in-law, my sister-in-law, brother-in-law, and their 4 fabulous children. It makes for a beautifully full house).
So let’s celebrate with 5 Things that are making me happy right now.
1) The thrift stores in my new home are awesome. The Goodwills are impressive, the local thrift stores are super quirky, and they are all filled with good stuff. I scored two pairs of boots yesterday for $3 each!
2) We have a watermelon in our garden! We thought the plant had just grown huge and nothing came of it, but the other night my dear husband found a huge watermelon growing amongst the jungle… So exciting!
3) Having a go-to handmade baby gift. I know I’ve probably mentioned this before, but I love making elf-hats for new babies. I made one for a baby shower this weekend and two of my dear friends from college are expecting their first baby in December. I’m thinking I’ll be making another hat soon!
4) Having a whole house to invite people over to. We have a dining room! And a dining room table! And an entirely separate living room! And a backyard for the kids to play in! Seriously: I love it.
5) A productive morning in a coffee shop. Especially since I don’t have homework anymore…
What about you? What is on your happy list this lovely almost-fall day?