This weekend I was able to attend a girls’ weekend of sorts. One of my aunts turned 50 this year, another turned 40, there were various other birthdays and life milestones (engagements! graduations!) to celebrate. Not everyone could come, but we had a good crowd. It was especially fun for me because it was always my life-long dream to be included with the adults. I’m the oldest child/cousin on both sides of my (very large!) family and I have always wanted to sit at the adult table, hang out with the adults, and generally be included with the adults. Although I was partially kidding, I was also partially serious when I responded to the invite with “this is a fulfillment of a life-long dream! 12-year old Katie would be so excited!” Suffice to say it was a lovely weekend.
1) Cheese. There is a very good chance I will do a whole post related to cheese at some point… It is my favorite food by far. One of the things I love about hanging out with my mom’s side of the family is the presence of a cheese plate appetizer at almost every meal.
2) College football. After a morning of shopping, there’s nothing like curling up on the couch with a crochet project and a football game.
3) A good chai tea latte. I mean, I’ll take any chai latte really, but a good one makes me particularly happy.
4) Talking Disney with my sister: she’s the expert, to be sure.
5) Making a new recipe successfully on the first try. Don’t worry, I’ll post more about that one later too!
Tag, you’re it!